Product & Customer Support Specialist
Our vision is to embolden small business owners and empower their growth by making it easier to access affordable credit. We are revolutionizing the way credit operates—from application, to underwriting, to repayment. We build cutting-edge technology and create networks which expand access to cheaper credit, reduce costs for lenders, and help fuel the collaborative economy of tomorrow.
Our team comes from varied backgrounds and we all bring unique perspectives to lending. We seek new collaborative teammates who are passionate, genuine, driven, friendly, team-oriented, industrious, and innovative. We like people who speak their mind and are comfortable with rapid change and uncertainty. A great sense of humor, eye for user-centered design, commitment to open communication, playful curiosity, rejection of the status quo, and comfort with rapid experimentation are must haves. Collectively, we seek to build groundbreaking technology and marry it with beautiful, intuitive design, and to transform intangible data into smart, holistic decisions. Excited to join us?
The Borrower Support Specialist provides a patient and solution oriented interface between the end users of our technology and our Customer Support department while being a brand ambassador for Mirador. This role is responsible for successfully bringing small business loan applicants to the finish line of their application process with both a proactive and reactive support strategy, as well as providing support to our bank customers. This will be achieved by working directly with customers and cross functionally with internal teams to identify and resolve issues that impede the loan process.
The focus of this key support position is on producing high quality, detailed work, based on established standards, guidelines and procedures, while keeping customer satisfaction top of mind. Precise, consistent work output is essential. This role is responsible for supporting and refining processes for existing systems.
This role will be accomplished through repetition of tasks that will expand understanding of the systems at hand. Consistent, error free work, team specific KPIs, and satisfied customers are key measures of job performance success. This position is designed to develop a valued technical expert, who can deliver quality work on a consistent basis. This position reports to work at 7am Monday - Friday.
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently meet and exceed the high standards of accuracy and quality expected in customer interactions
- Contribute to refining and maintaining the systems and guidelines that support customers using our technology
- Provide best in class support via online chat, phone and email.
- Patience and a willingness to handle and complete one task at a time.
- Review and process loan applications and submitted business documents; asses what is missing or incorrect and proactively contact the customer
- Own the loan application pipeline and support tickets
- Data entry
- Hunt for and comprehensively document identified defects to be addressed by cross-functional teams
- 2+ years of experience in a customer facing organization
- Prior business lending or bank customer experience
- Experience working with teams to identify defects by thoroughly documenting steps to reproduce
- Clear written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent customer support ethos
- Phenomenal phone presence, friendly, and helpful
- Excellent time management
- Comfortable under pressure
- Problem solver
- Collaborative, team player
- Process oriented mindset
What's in it for you?
First, we promise a great place to work: Great teammates. Interesting work. Good times. Plenty of challenges.
Beyond working with an incredible tribe of marvelous Miradorians, we offer competitive compensation and abundant growth opportunities, 401k matching and fantastic health benefits.
We're also hip to the start-up perks scene with a steady supply of snacks, fun company outings and events, and our fair share of clichéd (but still wonderful) indulgences (Happy hour, team lunches, fun adventures and more!). Our office environment is open and collaborative, our work space full of light and laughter--we enjoy having fun while doing our part to further FinTech.