Business Development Associate
Our vision is to embolden small business owners and empower their growth by making it easier to access affordable credit. We are revolutionizing the way credit operates—from application, to underwriting, to repayment. We build cutting-edge technology and create networks which expand access to cheaper credit, reduce costs for lenders, and help fuel the collaborative economy of tomorrow.
Our team comes from varied backgrounds and we all bring unique perspectives to lending. We seek new collaborative teammates who are passionate, genuine, driven, friendly, team-oriented, industrious, and innovative. We like people who speak their mind and are comfortable with rapid change and uncertainty. A great sense of humor, eye for user-centered design, commitment to open communication, playful curiosity, rejection of the status quo, and comfort with rapid experimentation are must haves. Collectively, we seek to build groundbreaking technology and marry it with beautiful, intuitive design, and to transform intangible data into smart, holistic decisions. Excited to join us?
Mirador is seeking a Business Development Associate to play a key part in our customer acquisition strategy in our Portland office. It is a unique opportunity for a motivated individual to be at the cutting edge of digital transformation in banking and partnerships between FinTech and financial institutions. The BD Associate will identify large financial institutions that are ready to digitize their small business lending process, and grow qualified leads in the Mirador pipeline by networking, leveraging contact databases and cold calling techniques. The BD Associate will participate in all aspects of the business development process including client needs discovery, product demonstrations, proposal writing, and contract negotiations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Be creative and implement activities to contact new customers via phone and e-mail to generate and qualify leads
- Consult with prospects to uncover how Mirador can solve their business problems, and identify any existing projects Mirador can enhance
- Navigate through target customer organizations to find relevant stakeholders and decision influencers
- Schedule and perform product demonstrations through remote screen sharing
- Acquire at least a basic knowledge of how Mirador products integrate with existing bank systems and processes. Seek technical support initially but eventually gain the ability to work independently.
- Allocate qualified opportunities per established guidelines to appropriate internal sales partner(s)
- Accurately forecast and track leads & activities (calls, emails, meetings) using Salesforce.com CRM
- Work with customers during the lifecycle of their deployment to ensure that revenue is maximized for Mirador
- Assist in developing pricing proposals based upon current approved pricing models
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, science, or related discipline; Associate’s Degree and related experience also considered
- At least three years’ experience in industry business development and/or research and development arena
- Ability to influence and persuade to achieve desired outcomes
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and negotiation skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Willingness to travel
- Excellent organizational, planning, and prioritization skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience with budgeting processes
What's in it for you?
First, we promise a great place to work: Great teammates. Interesting work. Good times. Plenty of challenges.
Beyond working with an incredible tribe of marvelous Miradorians, we offer competitive compensation and abundant growth opportunities. We're also hip to the start-up perks scene with a steady supply of snacks, fun company outings and events, and our fair share of clichéd (but still wonderful) indulgences (occasional massage chair, weekly smoothie bar, happy hour, team lunches, and more!). Our office environment is open and collaborative, our work space full of light and laughter--we enjoy having fun while doing our part to further FinTech.