Business Development Manager - Mirador Network
Our vision is to embolden small business owners and empower their growth by making it easier to access affordable credit. We are revolutionizing the way credit operates—from application, to underwriting, to repayment. We build cutting-edge technology and create networks which expand access to cheaper credit, reduce costs for lenders, and help fuel the collaborative economy of tomorrow.
Our team comes from varied backgrounds and we all bring unique perspectives to lending. We seek new collaborative teammates who are passionate, genuine, driven, friendly, team-oriented, industrious, and innovative. We like people who speak their mind and are comfortable with rapid change and uncertainty. A great sense of humor, eye for user-centered design, commitment to open communication, playful curiosity, rejection of the status quo, and comfort with rapid experimentation are must haves. Collectively, we seek to build groundbreaking technology and marry it with beautiful, intuitive design, and to transform intangible data into smart, holistic decisions. Excited to join us?
Mirador helps small business owners access capital by simplifying the business loan application process and providing financial institutions with the tools they need in order to profitably serve this critical segment of the US economy. Located in the heart of downtown Portland, our team is in rapid growth mode. Expect a startup type vibe when you visit our office. Mirador was acquired by CUNA Mutual Group, a highly reputable company based in Madison, Wisconsin, at the end of 2018. We are a subsidiary of a stable company on the same same mission that the founders of Mirador envisioned in 2013.
This role is focused on building and supporting the Mirador Network. The network connects three parties in order to help small businesses efficiently access capital:
- Organizations with a mission to support small business
- Small business owners
- Financial institutions
Using Mirador’s Network, business organizations offer their small business members access to an intuitive digital loan application process that matches the businesses borrowing needs to the optimal financial institution and loan product.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Build a robust sales pipeline, from lead generation to closure (50%)
- Use excellent verbal and written communication skills to communicate with all levels of partner organizations via inside sales
- Negotiate contracts
- 10% travel
- Meet revenue and targets
- Serve as primary business point of contact for existing Network Partners (35%)
- Coordinate introductions between the new partners and the marketing and operations teams inside Mirador after the contract is executed
- Proactively conduct monthly reviews with partners
- Support Lender Account Management in discussions with Network Lenders
- Serve as an initial escalation point and the primary business contact for Mirador partners
- Serve as the Mirador partners advocate inside Mirador
- Participate in business analysis and strategy discussion and implementation (15%)
- Coordinate efforts with the Direct Sales team to ensure that Network is being represented in relationship to the “lender” side of Network
- Serve as the primary point for the Mirador sales team in relationship to the Network
- Assist with converting Mirador customers into Network participants
- Source specialty lenders as necessary to support new Network Partners
- Work with Marketing, Product and Operations to identify opportunities to gain efficiency and scalability of the Network Program.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- 6-8 years of experience in a business development role
- Demonstrated ability to successfully execute inside sales deals and meet sales deadlines and quotas, preferably in a B2B environment
- Demonstrated B2B sales experience, public speaking, and collaboration across internal and external teams.
- Proven goal-oriented self-starter with strong entrepreneurial drive
What's in it for you?
First, we promise a great place to work: Great teammates. Interesting work. Good times. Plenty of challenges.
Beyond working with an incredible tribe of marvelous Miradorians, we offer competitive compensation and abundant growth opportunities, 401k matching and fantastic health benefits.
We're also hip to the start-up perks scene with a steady supply of snacks, fun company outings and events, and our fair share of clichéd (but still wonderful) indulgences (Happy hour, team lunches, fun adventures and more!). Our office environment is open and collaborative, our work space full of light and laughter--we enjoy having fun while doing our part to further FinTech.